In this edition:
– Number of households switching energy suppliers reaches highest level for five years.
– EU General Court rules UK capacity market mechanism should be investigated over state-aid regulation breach.
– Cost of investing in new renewable generation now lower than running costs of coal fired plants.
– UK government announces £16/tonne carbon emissions tax if the UK drops out of EU ETS.
– Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) report warns current emissions trends will lead to missing temperature increase limits.
And our valuable forecasts.