ISO 50001 ENERGY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
What is the ISO 50001 Energy Management System
ISO 50001 is an international certification standard for an organisations energy management system.
It covers the establishment, implementation, maintenance and improvement of an energy management system which enables organisations to continually improve their energy performance. This includes improvements in energy efficiency, better use of energy and reduction in energy consumption where possible, improving your bottom line, social responsibility and governance structure.
Advantages of ISO 50001 Certification
There are numerous reasons why ISO 50001 certification is a good idea, for example:
- It will eliminate the requirement to conduct future ESOS audits, making ESOS reporting quick, easy and very low cost
- It will embed energy management into your organisation, giving you sustained energy savings over the long term, saving your organisation money year after year
- It will improve your organisations reputation and will form part of your companies ‘corporate social responsibility’ (CSR) commitments
- It will lead to lower greenhouse gas emissions, helping to combat climate change.
How Swan Energy Can Help You
We can help your organisation set up an ISO 50001 compliant energy management system and guide the organisation through the external certification process with a chosen ISO 50001 certification body.
This will include among other things:
- the establishment of an energy policy, key energy performance indicators and objectives
- establishing an energy baseline and identifying areas of significant energy use
- schedules of energy audits to continually measure and evaluate energy performance and audits of the energy management system itself
- monitoring and targeting
ISO 50001 certification typically takes around 6 months to complete due to external certification audit requirements. We can assist your organisation to set up and implement ISO 50001, working alongside you to establish a bespoke system that works for your organisation.
If you would like help with setting up an ISO 50001 energy management system in your organisation, please get in touch with us for a free consultation.
Our review of Limits Revisited “There is unsettling evidence that society is tracking the ‘standard run’ of the original [Limits to Growth] study, which leads ultimately to collapse.” Limits Revisited was launched by the APPG (All- Party Parliamentary Group) in the...