EU ETS CONSULTANCY SERVICES
What is the EU Emissions Trading System (EU ETS)?
The EU Emissions Trading System (AKA EU Emissions Trading Scheme) is a multi-sector greenhouse gas (GHG) trading system covering organisations with very intensive energy input. Participation in the scheme is decided through the size of an organisation’s combustion equipment.
The system works on a ‘cap and trade’ basis. Organisational emissions are capped and allowances allocated. Excess allowances generated by reducing carbon emissions can be sold on the market to companies that emit more than their allowance. By reducing the number of allowances allocated, organisations choose between paying more for allowances and reducing energy-related emissions.
The aim of the system is to cut EU emissions to achieve carbon reduction targets.
Swan Energy ensure our clients are fully compliant with all the aspects of the EU Emissions Trading System, relieving hassle and the risk of mistakes, giving them peace of mind that all the requirements of the scheme are being met.
- Data collation and calculation of emissions
- Preparation of an Evidence Pack containing the emissions calculations and all the evidence required in the audit trail for submission
- Submission of annual emissions report using the Environment Agency’s ETSWAP system
- Liaising with the Competent Authority on your behalf (including EU ETS permit variations, EU ETS procedure creation)
- Attendance at site to meet the verifier and complete the verification process
- Submission of verifier recommended Improvement Reports
- Implementation of improvements to tier accuracy and/or Monitoring & Reporting plans on your behalf
- Completion of applications for allowances from the new entrant reserve as required
- Keeping clients up to date with relevant changes to legislation/policy
- Provision of personal ad hoc advice over the telephone on all EU ETS related issues
Contact us for further information about how Swan Energy can help you.
“Swan Energy brings invaluable expertise and specialism to the world of EUETS and carbon reporting.”
Sam Wither, Commercial Director, UK Power Reserve
“The EU ETS advice and consultancy services that we have received from Swan Energy over the last few years has been of an exemplary standard. The ever changing nature of the legislation and the complexities of the different phases have been simplified with the support of Swan Energy.”
Andy Sheridan, Services Facilities Manager, Manchester Airport
Have you seen Director Andrew Park's latest article in @EnergystMedia? Full article at https://t.co/FemZqZFCER#ofgem #energy #carbon #dsr pic.twitter.com/I6dLxIgXdg — Swan Energy (@swanenergyuk) July 17,...