EU ETS OPT-OUT SCHEME SERVICES
What is the EU ETS Small Emitter and Hospital Opt-out Scheme?
Hospitals and small emitters are installations with emissions of less than 25 000 tCO2 / year. This is known as the EU ETS Small Emitter and Hospital Opt-out Scheme. Under the scheme, organisations have a target rather than allowances, with penalties administered for exceeding this target. Verification is optional, however, unverified sites will be subject to random audit, with potential penalties for non-compliance.
How we can help you
Penalties for organisations failing to be compliant with the EU ETS Small Emitter and Hospital Opt-out Scheme can be large – £3,750 rising by £375 a day thereafter. Swan Energy Limited has worked with EU ETS since its inception and can assist your organisation to comply with all the opt-out scheme regulations ensuring that you avoid potentially costly and reputation damaging civil penalties.
Our EU ETS Small Emitter and Hospital Opt-out Scheme service encompasses the following:
- Data collation and calculation of emissions
- Preparation of an Evidence Pack containing the emissions calculations and all the evidence required in the audit trail for submission
- Submission of annual emissions report using the Environment Agency’s ETSWAP system
- Liaising with the Competent Authority on your behalf (including EU ETS permit variations, EU ETS procedure creation)
- Site visits and meetings to discuss issues and ensure full compliance
- Keeping clients up to date with relevant changes to legislation/policy
- Provision of ad hoc advice
Swan Energy never works on a commission basis; our fees are agreed from the start and are based on the estimated labour to ensure you are compliant. We will always stick to this agreed figure, this way you can always be sure that our prices are fair, reasonable and value for money and there are never any hidden charges.
If you need a hand, contact us!
Our review of Limits Revisited “There is unsettling evidence that society is tracking the ‘standard run’ of the original [Limits to Growth] study, which leads ultimately to collapse.” Limits Revisited was launched by the APPG (All- Party Parliamentary Group) in the...
“Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has a long association with Swan Energy in matters relating to our Statutory Carbon obligations (EU ETS and CRC EES). At all times we have found their help and advice to be of the utmost value in what are very complex issues.”
Peter Townsend, Senior Energy Manager, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust