CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme
What is the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme?
The Carbon Reduction Commitment Energy Efficiency Scheme (CRC) is a mandatory reporting system for carbon emissions covering gas and electricity for large commercial and public sector organisations.
Qualification is based on electricity usage.
The allowance price changes each year, and the potential cost can be high, with the aim of improving efficiency and reducing carbon emissions. The price for allowances bought in the compliance sale are:
2015/16 reporting year: £16.90 per tonne of CO2
2016/17 reporting year: £17.20* per tonne of CO2
2017/18 reporting year: £17.70* per tonne of CO2
2018/19 reporting year: £18.30* per tonne of CO2
The price for allowances bought in the forecast sale are:
2016/17 reporting year: £16.10 per tonne of CO2
2017/18 reporting year: £16.60* per tonne of CO2
2018/19 reporting year: £17.20* per tonne of CO2
* The 2016 Budget announced that sale prices would increase by RPI until the closure of the scheme at the end of the 2018/19 compliance year. Prices are subject to parliamentary approval.
How we can help you
Swan Energy Limited has aided clients with CRC since the beginning of the scheme. We have the experience to provide a complete and robust CRC management service through our in-depth knowledge of the ever-changing rules and legislation. We complete all necessary steps whilst ensuring that your organisation remains fully compliant throughout: mitigating the risk of civil penalty and reputational damage.
CRC management services offered by Swan Energy Limited include:
- Complete management of CRC requirements for your organisation on your behalf by Swan Energy Limited
- Collation of all necessary data (including annual supplier statements) and calculation of annual emissions
- Submission of annual emissions report
- Preparation and production of a comprehensive annual evidence pack as required by the scheme rules and to satisfy the requirements of any audit carried out by the Environment Agency
- Reporting of any notifiable changes to the relevant authorities on behalf of the client
- Provision of personal ad hoc advice on all CRC related issues.
Swan Energy never works on a commission basis; our fees are agreed from the start and are based on the estimated labour to ensure you are compliant. We will always stick to this agreed figure, this way you can always be sure that our prices are fair, reasonable and value for money and there are never any hidden charges.
Contact us for more info!
Have you seen Director Andrew Park's latest article in @EnergystMedia? Full article at https://t.co/FemZqZFCER#ofgem #energy #carbon #dsr pic.twitter.com/I6dLxIgXdg — Swan Energy (@swanenergyuk) July 17,...
“Their evaluation of our carbon data has resulted in the Trust achieving cost savings over the years and into the future.
All reports and audits have been objective, transparent and knowledgeable, as you’d expect from a professional organisation.”
Peter Townsend, Senior Energy Manager, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust